Hardwood floors are elegant and timeless pieces. Regardless if they are used in the home or in the office, they exude a warm and inviting atmosphere that no one can resist. While hardwood floors are generally durable and long-lasting, however, they are still vulnerable to damages brought by liquids, brushes, and furniture, especially chairs. It can be easy to avoid spilling liquid and using brushes on your floor, but what about the use of chairs, especially in your workplace? If you do not want to always be on your feet, the best thing you can do is to use a hardwood floor chair mat!
A hardwood floor chair mat is an item specifically designed to protect your hardwood floor. Aside from acting as a shield, though, it offers a lot of other benefits. It helps keep your work area clean, allow you to move your chair with ease regardless if your chair has wheels or none, and it protects your body from getting static charge. Even better, you can use hardwood floor chair mats to spice up your room since they come in various sizes, shapes, and patterns.
If you are already thinking of getting a hardwood floor chair mat, there are several things you need to know. First, there are numerous kinds of hardwood floor chair mats but the most popular are vinyl, wood, PVC, and bamboo. Next, you need to consider these factors when canvassing:
1. Size – the size of your mat should be based mainly on the size of your chair and your work area. If you have a bigger space, then it will beneficial to get a wide mat. If your work space is limited, however, getting a smaller mat will be best.
2. Shape – regular, round, or rectangular. The shape of your hardwood floor mat will be based on your preference and your work area.
3. Hue and transparency – again, this factor is based on your work area and preference. A lot of people prefer clear vinyl since it is durable and it shows the beauty of the floor. If you want your mat to compliment your room’s theme or specific decorations, you might want to get one with a cute or matching design.
4. Studs and cleats – avoid any mat that comes with studs or cleats since they can leave ugly marks on your floor.
5. Price – this is the last thing to consider. A hardwood floor chair mat is usually marked between $20 and $250, depending on the material and size. Usually, using a cheap mat is all right. However, if you want one that can support your chair and safeguard your floor, getting the highest quality hardwood floor chair mat will be crucial.